17 Jul Spirit Led Missionaries
A lot has happened since our last update from Boston! In our last post we were finishing our first week here, and we have now finished our sixth! The days can be long, but the weeks go by fast. It is hard to believe we have less than two weeks left in Medford!
We have just finished one of our biggest weeks of the summer, Soccer Nights! This is a week-long soccer camp sponsored by Redemption Hill Church. Soccer Nights is a values-based curriculum, which means that we do not explicitly teach about Jesus, but we have a unique opportunity to show the love of Jesus to others. Our team served as coaches and worked with connecting with parents throughout the week. One thing that makes Soccer Nights unique is most parents stay while their children are attending the camp. This gave our connections team the opportunity to start conversations with parents, while coaches were loving on the kids.
Throughout Soccer Nights we were able to meet new people in the community, connect people to Redemption Hill Church, and even share the Gospel. This week is truly special and is something the community looks forward to all year long. We were grateful to have been able to play a role in this week, and to see God work at Soccer Nights.
Our mission for this summer has been to live as, “everyday, Spirit-led missionaries,” and that is what our team, and many other volunteers did during Soccer Nights. By serving the community we live in, with no strings attached, we were able to put the Gospel on display every night. While we are sad that Soccer Nights is over, we are excited for the fruit to come from seeds planted this week! We are praying that people would ask questions about the “why” behind Soccer Nights, and this could lead to Gospel conversations.
As our time is coming to an end, we ask that you join our team in prayer for a few things:
- Pray for relationships that have been built throughout the summer. We hope that we can connect people with Redemption Hill and that these relationships would last beyond the summer! (Especially relationships from Serve Medford Week and Soccer Nights)
- Pray for the people who have heard the Gospel this summer and for the seeds that have been planted.
- Pray for our last few coffee give-aways, T give-aways, and evangelism days.
- Pray that our team would not neglect these last few weeks, but truly soak up each and every day we have left here and finish strong!
- Pray that we would not forget what we have learned and practiced this summer, but that we would apply what we have learned in Boston at home.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support!
Summer LINK Boston Participant